Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Review: Ghostbusters (The Game)

Ghostbusters has been out for quite awhile, but do to my gaming budget and my luke-warm interest level, I put off playing it until recently. I was able to find a copy for just under $16.00 and at that price it was worth a shot.
The game is a rarity, when you consider that all four original cast members agreed to voice the game. Not only voices, but music and character animations go a long way to make it feel authentic, almost immediately. Without a doubt, this is as good as it going to get for fans of the movie looking to pick up a proton pack.
The game delivers around 6-8 hours of solid game play, moving along a decent pace and never becoming tedious. There is plenty of different gadgets to use, items to hunt and ghosts to bust. I found the entire experience quite relaxing, and even giggled a few times at the clever dialogue and banter. Even the achievements are creative, each taking lines from the movie i.e. "Aim For The Flat Top!"
I can't see anyone paying $60 for this, but I definitely recommend it as a bargain bin gem to pass a few hours. I purchased Ghostbusters at Gamestop and completed the game in 7 hours, collecting 29 of 50 achievements for 540 gamerscore.

0 comments: