Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Monday, August 23, 2010

Back To Work

It was a nice vacation, but today was officially my first day at the new job. My capacity to absorb information reached it's max around 2pm, after that I just felt like a pile of dead weight. I know that's how first days (weeks) usually go, but it's never fun starting at the bottom of your comfort level again.
I had the best time away from work, as you may have read from previous entries, but the show must go on. I'm happy to be working 8-4pm during my training, thereafter my start time will be somewhere between 10-Noon. Besides having a job in my field again, the best part is being treated like an adult, at company that doesn't run like a cross between a nazi prison camp and a 1st grade art class (i.e. "You have just received half an occurrence for arriving over 4 minutes late." "Great job today, here is a gold star with a smiley face for recognition of your efforts!").
Anyway, did I mention it's my favorite time of year? The Minnesota State Fair kicks off this Thursday, and then we've got the Renaissance Festival... throw in Halloween and the start of the hockey season and I'm one happy camper.

0 comments: