Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mini-Vacation: Day 1

As the title suggests, today was the first day of our 4 day mini-vacation. We started the day with breakfast at the Egg and I restaurant. Angie had eggs benedict (her favorite) and I went with oatmeal and a pancake. After our meal, we headed out on the road for Taylor's Falls and ultimately Wild Mountain. It was a perfect day for waterslides and fun in the sun, I think the temp was around 92? Hot. Anyway, I hadn't been there since I was a kid, Angie had never been.
After Wild Mountain we headed toward home for an early dinner at The Blue Door. We each grabbed a Summit Oatmeal Stout on tap, for only $2.00 during happy hour I might add. Besides the brew, the "blucy" burgers were fantastic. Although the place is small, you can't deny the tastiness and the value, I highly recommend it.
Next, we were off to Como Park to play a leisurely round of mini golf at Putter There, a small but welcoming little course right across the street from Como Zoo. Neither one of us got a hole-in-one; blame it on the heat. After golf, we took the 1.6 mile stroll around the lake and packed it back in the car shortly after.
Finally, we ended the day with a fresh-baked scone and fruit at Cafe Latte's. Desert is definitely the best thing about eating dinner early, yum.

0 comments: