Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wake Up And Smell The Spolsion, Man!

Alan Wake
I finished the horror/thriller/action title Alan Wake about a week ago, including the first down-loadable episode called "The Signal." This game really struck a chord with me. The story is a bit hard to follow but undeniably intriguing. The combat is satisfying albeit a bit of a breeze after the first few hours or so. The best parts of the game revolve around the twists of story, memorable settings and the fitting soundtrack. The worst parts of game are the annoying jumping/platforming segments, repetitive combat scenarios and the lip syncing during the cut scenes. I highly recommend this game, especially for jaded fans of Silent Hill.

Spolsion Man
I finished the platformer Splosion man a couple days ago, thank goodness. This game is long, difficult, and a complete test of one's persistence and/or patience. Notice, I didn't use the words fun, rewarding etc. Do you enjoy playing levels over and over? Hitting 6 buttons correct and dying on the 7th press (only to die on the 8th soon after). Swearing at your TV? Fighting annoying boss battles? If you answered yes to any of these, would you kindly download this game? Bottom line, while I do appreciate that this type of game has loyal, passionate fan base, I also appreciate that the game does actually end at some point and I was able to see it.

1 comments:

Unknown says:
at: 9:07 AM said...

will need to check out Splosion Man