Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Friday, August 31, 2012

Holiday Road

If you hadn't noticed already, I gave the blog another face-lift. Unlike the previous design, I didn't do everything myself. This time I just used a template, and added a few of my own touches like the photo on the left.
Only a few short hours and Labor Day weekend is officially here. Not a moment too soon, either. Work has been ridiculously slow the last two weeks, probably some combination of the state fair and Labor Day weekend making the jobs scarce.
We're picking it up a few things tonight and then packing for the trip to the Amey cabin for the weekend. Rather than drive up tonight, we opted to get up early tomorrow, grab some coffee and donuts at Mojo Monkey and hit the road. I'm excited to do a little canoeing this trip and use try out a couple of the new fishing lures I bought recently.
I've still got my eyes and ears focused on the NHL lockout situation, in hopes that the season starts as scheduled. As of right now, both sides have made offers and continue to negotiate, but a cloud is still hanging over the proceedings and the September 15th deadline is inching closer.
September is going to be a busy month for us. After the long Labor Day weekend, the following weekend we are attending the Summit Backyard Bash on September 8th. If I haven't mentioned it already, it's a outdoor show featuring all local bands (Doomtree, Now, Now, Caroline Smith, etc.) and delicious Summit brews. Friday, September 14th we'll be at the Gasthaus for Oktoberfest, and I''ll be announced the winner of the mug design contest. I'm really excited to see my design on the mugs and partake in the german food and festivities. The day after that we are heading the Park Square Theater to see "Red," the first play of our season ticket package. The following week/weekend my mom will be in town from Florida, so we're leaving most of the days open to fill as we see fit. Finally, the last weekend of September we are going to the Renaissance Festival. A fun end to what looks to be very fun month.
We're also getting ready to book a campsite at Pettibone park in LaCrosse, WI for the first weekend in October. We'll be tenting right on the waterfront, with close access to fishing, hiking, bike trails and an 18-hole disc golf course. We'll also be within walking distance of downtown, where we plan to attend Oktoberfest.
I just love this time of year.

0 comments: