Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, December 04, 2011

Feeling Up, Counting Down

I got the job. < fist pump, loud scream goes here >

That simple sentence carries with it a complete change in perspective, schedule and future. While I could easily write five paragraphs on the shit I put up with for the last year and a half, I'm going to immediately put it behind me. Writing about it would only give it more life, and waste more of my time in the process. Instead, I'll take with me a decent amount of experience, whilst forgetting an enormous amount stress, frustration, and... people.

I start my new position on December 19th. My new schedule will be M-F 7:30am - 3:30pm. I'll be working about 9 miles down the road in Bloomington, not far from Angie's office; maybe we can even meet for lunch one day? My official title will be something like "Digital Press Operator" or "Digital Production." It basically means I'll be taking files of all types, performing preflight/edits, setup, printing, bindery and shipping. I'll even have the pleasure of getting 40% of the print work from an in-house design agency, and working in an apple computer-based environment.


  • 10 working days left at my current job
  • 15 days until I start my new job
  • 3 weeks until Christmas
  • 5 weeks and 3 days until we leave for Mexico
  • 5 weeks and 4 days until my birthday

0 comments: