Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Friday, December 16, 2011

Touchy Feely

I walked out of work tonight and didn't look back. What a great feeling to finally be done and moving on to bigger, better things. I don't think it's actually hit me yet that I'll be off work at 3:30pm now. We can go to our favorite classes at Lifetime again, like Monday cycle and Thursday yoga. Together! We can cook and eat dinner at the same time again. Together! It's such a great time to be starting the new job, too. A bunch of short weeks at the new job, celebrating the holidays and then a seven night all-inclusive trip to Mexico. It's hard not to be excited for all that's to come.
I'm only a little nervous to start the new gig on Monday, but mostly I feel prepared and ready for the change. It will take a little while getting my body used to the 7:30am start time, but if that's the worst of my worries, BFD. I'll be sure to post a blog after I get my feet wet and have a better idea of how it's going.
How about those Wild, huh? Even though they've fallen on tough times now as the injuries pile up, they  continue to find ways to battle and win games like never before. I'm not expecting them to stay in first place forever, but I do expect them to make the playoffs, where anything can happen.
I bought myself a Kindle Touch as a new job/early birthday present to myself and I love it. The first book I downloaded was the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I'm very impressed with the visual quality and ease of use. Not to mention, it's lighter, more portable and all-around more fun to read than an actual book. Another reason I decided to pick up a Kindle was my serious resolution to cut down on "filler" video games and focus my spare time on reading instead. Frankly, I've found myself losing interest in the single-player, so-called blockbuster video games and feel my time (and sore eyes) would be better spent reading. I still plan to make time for Rock Band parties and the occasional indulgence, but no more pre-ordering, gotta-play-it-now bull sh*t and being tethered to my controller for weeks at a time.
That's about it at the moment. Looking forward to so many things in the coming weeks... Wild games, making more lefse, holidays, family gatherings, vacations, but most of all I'm looking forward to spending more time with the woman I love.

0 comments: