Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Septemberfest

Last weekend we attended Oktoberfest at Gasthaus Bavarian Hunter in Stillwater. As I mentioned, my mug design was picked and featured on the collectable mugs. They also used my design for the buttons everyone was wearing for entry. It was really cool to get my first mug filled with Spaten Oktoberfest beer and see everyone around me carrying the same thing. Besides beer, we ate some roasted nuts, kettle corn, knackwurst, sour kraut and pretzels (The photos are posted on Flickr if you'd like to see more). We ended the night with a game of hammerschalgen, that game where you try to hammer a nail into a log using the reverse side of the hammer. P.S. I won that too. Woot!
We also attended the first play of the season at Park Square called Red. It was smaller-scale performance with only two actors and quite a bit of thoughtful/intense dialogue. I really enjoyed it. Our next play of the season is King Lear.
I also finished a book called The Pines, by a new author I discovered named Blake Crouch. Loosely inspired by Twin Peaks, it was a very engaging thriller. The pacing was quick and the descriptions were very good, creating a very papable atmosphere throughout. I enjoyed it so much that I immediately starting reading another of his books called Run.
Borderlands 2 is waiting for me at the house as we speak, and I plan on sinking some time into it and wrecking my eyes a bit over the next few weeks. My mom is staying with us until next Wednesday, so things are going to be busier around the homefront until then either way. We usually end up running around quite a bit, and I'll be checking out all the Halloween decorations wherever we end up.
Finally, I painted the room formerly known as the office. I still have the trim left to do, but the hard part is over with. We went with a orange-ish color called "cantaloupe slice"and it's pretty intense. Regardless, it looks much better than the ugly purple-gray color it was before. I also painted the radiator silver, which was an improvement as well. Now we're just waiting on the dresser to arrive, the last missing piece of our bedroom set.

0 comments: