Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, April 27, 2011

iPhone Apps iLike

I haven't had my iPhone 4 forever, but I've definitely found some apps I consider to be amazing. Here's my top five favorite apps I've found so far:

1. Netflix 
This is pretty much hands-down the best feature of my phone. I love being able to watch all of my instant play movies right from my phone no matter where I am. Load times are minimal, the quality is great and the library is getting bigger as we speak. Cost: FREE

2. Shopkick
I'm totally addicted to this simple yet rewarding app. Shopkick is the first mobile app that gives you rewards for walking into stores, for scanning products, or for just sitting on your ass. You can collect "kickbucks" and bonuses at millions of stores and restaurants, including Target, Best Buy and even gas stations.
My addition revolves around using the barcode scanner and scanning the UPC of featured products and collecting points (kickbucks) which can be redeemed for instant gift cards. It's almost like getting paid to do a scavenger hunt while you're out shopping around. As of right now, I'm sitting at 1573 kick bucks (which is more than enough to cash in for a $5 gift card) but I'm going to keep collecting awhile longer.
If you have the means, download the app and give it a try. If you remember to use my code "crane6116" after installing the app, we both get 50 kickbucks as a bonus! Cost: FREE

3. Flixster
Flixster is all about movies, all in one place. It lets you see what's in theaters (now, coming soon, etc.) what's coming to dvd, and what's playing at your favorite theaters. What's more, it's integrated with both Rotten Tomatoes and Netlfix, which allows you to see review scores and instantly add movies to your Netflix queue. Cost: FREE

4. Vlingo
Vlingo for iPhone is speech recognition technology with decent accuracy. It even connects you to your third parties – like Facebook and Twitter. Let's say I want to Tweet a live broadcast or otherwise update my Twitter/Facebook page without typing... all I have to do is say "Facebook Update: I can't believe her boob just fell out, did anyone else see that?!" and then hit send. Cost: Using the social media update function is completely free, however to use text/email voice support the cost is $6.99.

5. IntoNow
IntoNow makes sharing your favorite television shows easy and fun. Just tap the green button when you’re watching, and IntoNow will identify the show, right down to the episode. Once identified it’s easy to share with your friends on Twitter or Facebook. Cost: FREE

Anyone care to suggest some great apps that I may have missed? Leave a comment below.

0 comments: