Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blue Ribbon Day

Today was spent outside playing disc golf at my favorite course, Blue Ribbon Pines. It's located in East Bethel, just north of the movie theater. If you've driven by the area, you've probably even seen the brown sign a time or two. Besides being a little far away, it's far and away the best course I've ever played. I try to make it out at least once a year, and today was a great day for my annual trip.
The course is quite long, 27 holes to be exact, but there is a great amount of variety. From basket elevation, water hazards, trees, wind etc. it keeps things fresh and uniquely challenging throughout. Not only is it scenic, but it's also very well-maintained and constantly being updated and improved (photo).
The clubhouse also has a decent selection of discs and accessories for sale, as well as a lost and found for those smart enough to write their name on their discs. I was happy to find a bag today for under $30 bucks, equipped with a drink holder and plenty of pockets (photo). So while I'm definitely not a pro, I always have the most fun being mediocre at Blue Ribbon.

0 comments: