Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Friday

Today completes my 2nd week at the new job and so far things are going well. I really enjoy the slower pace of cubicle work, compared to the frantic non-sense of printing and bindery work. It took a few days, but I think I've adjusted to getting up 5:30am. Besides, it's so nice to be done at 2:30pm. Unlike my previous jobs, where I was at work for 8.5 hours (with a 30 min lunch), I'm actually only at work for 8 hours now (with two 10 min breaks). I like that because I usually eat at my desk and would rather not be forced to clock out for 30 minutes.

Most of my job revolves around production/design work for calendars. Naturally, the months of September - December are the busiest and will require mandatory overtime. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. In the meantime, I'm happy to have some occupational peace of mind for a change.

Cal is walking more everyday! We are continuing to work on that, as well as signing for "help" and other needs. He is really good at signing "more," the only problem is he uses "more" when he wants help, too. We've also moved his bedtime back to 8pm, so far it's been helpful to ensure he doesn't wake up at 5:30am when I do.


I'm excited to be down with work today and head up to the Amey cabin for guy's weekend. The weather looks like it's going to be fantastic and I can't wait for my first fishing of the year. In just over a month, the family is heading up to Alexandria for summer vacation at Berg's resort, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

0 comments: