Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hockey Experience


Last Friday both Angie and I had the day off together while the kids were at daycare. One of the many fun things we did that day was hit the Neighborhood Cafe for some biscuits and gravy and cornbread pancakes. Another highlight was stopping into the “Own The Moment Hockey Experience” otherwise known as the Bauer hockey store next to REI in Bloomington.


From the moment you walk in it’s top notch, just think Apple store with every Bauer product, ever. The store is quite large, spacious and features much more than equipment from floor to ceiling. It also has a shooting area (synthetic ice) and miniature skating rink with real ice. The latter was instrumental in helping me choose the best new skates. I mean, where else can you get fitting by Bauer experts and then try them out on the ice moments later?


I ended up getting a pair of Bauer Vapor X500s; replacing my twelve year old CCM Super Tacks that were too wide in the heel gave me painful blisters. I’m really looking forward to trying them out at the next JMS game this Thursday. Speaking of JMS, I was able to get my level downgraded from 5 to 4 after the last session, which basically allows me to play more my speed. It allows qualifies me for earlier games at 8pm, rather than the 9:30pm crap I had been going to.




Steve also joined JMS yesterday and we’ll be skating together for the first time on April 14th. So, that means with Steve, my nephew Jeff and Brett from daycare we have 4 people. I just need to find one more person (Kris, if you’re reading this I’m talking about you!) and we could have an entire line!

0 comments: