Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Monday, December 16, 2013

Long December

It's been a quite a December so far. Cal finds new ways to amaze us with his development everyday, we just wish we could put together a few days of sleep. He's on quite a run of back-to-back illness, having just gotten over a nasty stomach virus that was going around and now moving on to a cough and cold. Add to that the teething and you've got some pretty rough nights for everybody. He still finds a way to be happy and smiling and he is beginning to "talk" more each day. We've also been trying to introduce food, but we having had much luck yet. So far we've tried squash, banana, applesauce, baby oatmeal and sticky rice. He did take a few teeny bites of squash but that was it. He seems to do best with self-feeding, rather than having the spoon in his face. We're going to keep at it and try to do some avocado next.
He really enjoyed meeting Santa for the first time this weekend, as you can see from the photo. I love how well he does around new faces, it seems like the more people he's around the more fun he has. If it wasn't so insanely cold I would like to take him out to a few stores in the stroller, he really enjoys that. I pushed him around Fleet Farm last weekend for a good hour and he didn't fuss once.
I'm excited for this last full week of work before the holidays. We've been extremely busy but I imagine it will all end around Friday. Ang and I have finished our shopping and plan to wrap everything this Saturday. We both are off work on Christmas Eve, so we plan to make Lefse that morning before heading over to my Dad's for dinner.
I've finished quite a few HTML/CSS online training exercises over the last few weeks. I've got my foot firmly in the door of website design, I just need to start building my portfolio page online when time allows.

UPDATE:
Cal took a few good spoons of sweet potato last night! He didn't do the usual "icky" face and gag, so I think we could be on to something. Still are going to try some avocado soon.

ANOTHER UPDATE:
Cal took a few good bits of avocado last night. He used his fingers and we fed him from our fingers. Improving every day!

0 comments: