Copyright © Jam & Ang
Design by Dzignine
Monday, April 16, 2012

April Update

It's crunch time for Wedding planning, we have less than two months until the big day. My wedding band has arrived at the jewelers, but we haven't gone in to see it yet. We're both really happy with our choice of officiant and we'll be meeting with her again this weekend to see the park and continue to create our ceremony.
The lady that does bindery/cutting/shipping is leaving in two weeks (moving back to Louisiana) so we're looking for a replacement as we speak. It's bad timing, since I'll be out for two weeks in June for our honeymoon. I'm sure everything will work out just fine, but it's hard not to be a little anxious whenever a new person comes on board.
I bought a new A/C unit for our bedroom, which is on the top floor, right below the roof. Needless to say, it gets a little toasty up there in the summer. The new unit is much more powerful, as well as quiet; which was my main problem with our old one. The grass seed we planted last fall actually popped up this spring. Considering the weird winter we had, I'm very surprised. Besides doing a little more seeding, we plan on staining the fence this summer, now that's it's standing nice and upright.
Despite the somewhat crappy weather lately, I've been disc golfing quite a bit. I'm antsy for nice weather for disc golf, but also to take some long bike rides. Next time we go to Fleet Farm I'm going to pick up a plastic crate to put on the bike rack. That should allow us to carry a bag of produce etc. from the farmer's market or Trader Joe's once in awhile.
I took a small break from taking a break from video games, to play Pinball Arcade. It's a fantastic simulation of a few tables from the 80's and 90's like Theater of Magic and Tales of Arabian Nights. Even though I sold my machine, I still love to play, especially when it's free.
Speaking of games, I'm planning to purchase one of those dinner-mystery games and host a party sometime soon. I've always wanted to try one and really get into it. I'm talking coordinating the food and drink and having a few props on hand too. I think it should be fun!

0 comments: